Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cell Phone-O-Rama

So my cell phone hasn't been working all that well lately, cutting out, dropping the signal completely (ya know how that sucks when you are trying to finish up a big record deal by phone). I decide I gotta get a new one. So I go out to the AT&T store, now the Cingular store, since the merger, and toss my 8 month old phone on the counter, tell my story. "Oh yeah", the nice woman behind the counter says, " we aren't even building out that technology anymore". So with a chuckle and a "I knew that" attitude, I ask about a new phone, oh, maybe make a lateral move, I don't need all the bells and whistles. She shows me a small, handsome phone I can get for $18.00!, so I go for it.

Last night, as we watched the news, I toyed with it, stunned by the features. Before I was done, sitting there in my armchair, I had downloaded, from outer space, wirelessly, for $1.99, an additional "seasonal" ring tone, just for the holidays, "Deck the Halls, Salsa Mix". It rang today while I was in FreeGeek taking my son to work. What a great time to be alive.

Visit Ric Seaberg's Website

No comments:

My photo
Pacific Beach, Washington, United States