Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bed Bugs


Ok so maybe the whole bed bug scare is nothing more that another case of "worst case scenario news". I mean, the media goes off ad nauseum about any number of things that turn out to be not so bad after all, maybe this is one of'em. Still, every time I hear a bed bug story, some poor soul has to burn his house down to get rid of his bed bugs, or some neighborhood has to be fumigated, or a whole hotel, yuck. We've had enough trouble with ants over the last few years, and I know I don't want any of those critters in my bed.

So I'm driving along listening to NPR a couple weeks ago, and I am enjoying the Rick Steve's show. He interviewed his own son, who apparently travels and writes too, and then Rick interviewed an owner of a Youth Hostel. During the conversation, this fellow brought up the subject of bed bugs, and how they have been a real problem in the Youth Hostels, not his of course. But I was a bit taken aback, I mean, not really good advertising for the Youth Hostels of the world. Thought I'd write a song about it. Heh.



No comments:

My photo
Pacific Beach, Washington, United States